Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We're Home!!!

Oh my nerves, it's good to be home! There's so much to write about, like another blowout for crying out loud, but that'll have to wait. It's late, 12:01 a.m. to be exact, and I need to lay this body down in my own comfy bed. But first I just have to tell you how good it felt to pull into good 'ol Spring Arbor.

Remember Jimmy Stuart in "It's Wonderful Life" when his life is restored and he runs through Bedford Falls yelling "hello" to all the buildings? I did the same thing as we rolled into town. "Hello Frosty Boy!", "Hello Spring Arbor University!", "Hello bank", "Hello McDonald's" (that one made my kids groan), "Hello Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church!" Oh how I missed my little town. And oh how I missed my family and friends. So it was such a wonderful feeling when we pulled into our humble little circle driveway and were greeted by my folks, and Joann and Brooklyn (and they brought Natty - yea!), and my friends Janette, Mary, and Micki. Mom and Dad stocked us up with milk and bread, Micki and Janette had put up welcome home signs made by their awesome kids and brought fruit and veggies from their garden along with warm homemade cookies, and Mary brought baked oatmeal fresh from the oven. Now I can relax and not worry about breakfast for the punks!

Coming home to an empty house after such a grand trip would have been such a downer, so having family and friends there to hug and share in our accomplishment made it so perfect. We are truly blessed!

There's so much more to tell and I will fill you in on the last few days of the trip later, but for now I am going to get reacquainted with my bed.




4 comments:

  1. It is SO good to know you are right here in little ole Spring Arbor as I write this (unless you went into Jackson for some reason, but that's okay). Welcome back you remarkable woman you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! What a great adventure. You and your kids will remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I didn't know there was a party at your house! I would have brought beer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back guys! Sounds like you had a lot of great adventures and made a lot of memories on your trip. I love the idea that God threw you guys a welcome back party by painting the sky for you on the way home! That is such a cool thing to convey to your kids!

    ReplyDelete