Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Homeward Bound

Well friends, it's about time to wrap up this grand adventure. I'll be waking the kids early - like around 5:00a.m., to beat the heat as we head back through the Mojave Desert and on to St. George, UT where we will pick up the camper. What a blessing it was to be able to store it safely at the Cole's house! I can't imagine pulling that through Los Angeles!

We have had such a super time with Pam, Gayle and the kids. It will be hard to say "goodbye" for sure. Pam and I had some great chats on their patio in the mornings as I had coffee and she had tea. Then we had lots of time to sit and talk as the kids played in the ocean everyday. While here we had a chance to visit their church, see the kids' schools, visit Gayle's office, tour the campus, and visit Anna while she worked in Westmont's bookstore. I love to have visuals of where our friends live, work, and play so I can "see" them in their own environments when I think of them.

From here we will do our best to high-tail it to my brother's place in Kansas City and should arrive there probably sometime Saturday, so lots of miles will be covered. We covet your prayers as we journey home and know that God will continue to watch over us, guide us, and protect us. We are anxious to see all of our family and friends back home, as well as our dear friend Natty, the best dog in the world.

Love to all!

7 comments:

  1. YAY!! You are finally coming home!! Did you and the kids get the video of Natty that I sent yesterday? I can't wait to see all of you and hug all of you! It's funny, because since I've moved we've gone much longer inbetween visits, but this last month has seemed like the longest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am thinking of you and praying as you are homeward bond in this grand adventure--it will be SO great to see you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh even though you've had such a great time it will feel so good to be Home! I'm the same way I love to be able to picture my friends in their "world" when they are away from me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking about you guys as you begin to travel home! What a great trip though! You inspired us to go camping too - only on a much smaller scale (we went to a state park about 20 min. from our house, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joann - I feel the same way...it just feels different doesn't it? Can't wait to see you!

    Mary - thanks for the prayers...we sure needed them today and God provided in another amazing way...see story. :-)

    Heather - Love to hear from you...we are kindred spirits in many ways.

    molly - i love state parks, we camp every summer along lake michigan. i love pj hoffmaster and warren dunes. where'd you go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so much enjoyed checking every day to see if you have posted. Praying for continued safety. Can't wait till you get home..remember..RUDY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to Sleepy Hollow and it was really nice. So cool you mentioned P.J. Hoffmaster because that is where we'd like to go next time!

    ReplyDelete