Sunday, July 11, 2010

God is Faithful

Tonight I don't have any new pictures, but I have a great story to tell. We left the Grand Teton National Park yesterday and when we hooked up the camper the right turn signal on the popup didn't work. We were to drive to Salt Lake City and find a hotel for the night and it was to be a long drive, but I wasn't too concerned about one turn signal at that point. We drove about 8 hours most of it on small highways through some beautiful country. We arrived in Salt Lake City and found a Super 8, had some pizza, took showers and watched tv.

This morning we hooked the camper up to the truck (after some great parking last night by me) and when we checked the lights, no turn signals worked and the brake lights were out. Ugh. There's no way I could drive without brake lights so I began to pray and think about what to do. There was a grocery store near the hotel and we needed a few things so I asked the cashier there if she knew a trustworthy place I could have it checked out. She wasn't from around there and didn't have any ideas. She asked another employee and he suggested a place so we headed out to the truck and I figured I'd give it a shot. But I noticed a Jiffy Lube right there in the same parking lot as the grocery store, so I walked over and asked a guy there if he knew a trustworthy place I could take the camper. He suggested a place a couple miles down the road so I kept on praying and asking God to help us get it fixed and not get scammed.

I found the place and talked to the guy at the front desk. He said he'd take a look. Another guy came out and then a little boy Chase's age came out with him. Turns out it was a father and son that owned it and the little guy was the son/grandson. They were really nice and we discovered that they were just at Yellowstone the same time we were. They worked on it about 45 minutes and we talked the whole time. When they finished, the oldest man said, "You're all set, everything works great" and I began to follow him into the office. He stopped and said, "You're all set, have a good trip." I told him I really appreciated what they had done (there were a bunch of cars already in the shop that they were working on before I got there) and I wanted to pay him. He wouldn't let me and just told us to enjoy the rest of our trip. I was so thankful and knew that God had led us directly to him. I wish I would have gotten his name, but I do know the place was called Tunix and it's on State St. in Lehi, UT so I'll be sending him a note for sure.

I know many of you are praying for us and God has blessed us and provided for us in so many ways. I feel like we have a big bubble of protection all around us as we travel. We have covered just over 3000 miles now and still have many to go. We continue to covet your prayers. Blessings to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Tears. Just tears. I knew this is how your trip would go, so I'm not at all surprised. God is faithful indeed. And this is just one tangible example. I'm sure there have been many more on this trip that we will never even know about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann - I believe the same thing. So many moments of protection that we are totally unaware of. God is good. Off to hike Bryce today. Chance of thunderstorms, so we'll mostly drive the rim and do little hikes. Tomorrow should be nice, so we'll do some longer hikes. Love to you and the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!!! Oh I love to see the good in people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, thanks for telling that story. God is faithful...I agree with Joann, too!

    ReplyDelete